- 1 large spaghetti squash (approximately 2 pounds) – use 3/4 cup cooked per serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pan-seared and diced – total weight 16 ounces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for searing / cooking chicken breast (until no longer pink)
- 5 sprays avocado oil spray
- 1 cup frozen chopped collard greens
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Puncture spaghetti squash rind about 20 times to allow steam to vent while cooking.
- Place spaghetti squash on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 8 minutes in microwave
- Check for doneness by pressing lightly on spaghetti squash rind. Rind should yield gently to pressure. Heat for an additional 2-4 minutes if spaghetti squash is still hard. Allow spaghetti squash to rest for a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Slice spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a large spoon. Use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash flesh from each half and set “spaghetti” aside.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add spaghetti squash, kale, lemon juice, lemon zest, spices, and diced chicken to pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
MetaLife Units: (Per Serving)
2 Protein Units
2 Fat Units
1 Carbohydrate Units
AlignLife Spartanburg East