- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup desiccated (finely grated) unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2.5 ounces raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp xylitol sweetener
- Soak both the almonds and cashews in water for 24 hours or at least overnight.
- Pour off water then add the almonds, cashews, coconut flakes and desiccated coconut to a food processor.
- Blend together to form a chunky crumb consistency.
- Add the almond milk to a medium saucepan and add the blended nut mixture. Leave this to soak for 10 minutes so that the nuts absorb the milk.
- Turn the heat to low so the porridge begins to warm and stir through the coconut oil, cinnamon, sweetener and additional milk to taste. Heat through gently for 10 minutes but do not boil.
- Serve with additional sweetener, cinnamon or coconut oil to taste.
.5 Protein Units
3 Fat Units
0 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich