- 4 lamb rib chops
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- 5oz. pkg baby arugula
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 package of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard.
- extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Wash and dry the fresh produce.
Trim and discard the stem ends and peel the carrots and parsnips; quarter lengthwise into wedges and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Trim and discard ends of the garlic, thinly slice and add to the baking sheet.
Pinch the top of the rosemary stems with one hand while sliding the other hand down to remove the leaves; discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves. Sprinkle the rosemary over the vegetables.
Drizzle the vegetables with 1/2 tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Spread the vegetables in an even layer and place the sheet in the oven. Roast, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
While the skillet heats up, pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with 1/2 tsp olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper on both sides.
Once the skillet is hot, add the lamb chops and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
- Wash and dry the arugula (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
- Juice the lemon (remove seeds and add to salad bowl). add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp dijon mustard, 1/4 sea salt, 1/8 black pepper and whisk together.
- Add the arugula to the salad bowl and toss to thoroughly coat with the dressing; set aside.
- Divide the lamb rib chops between two plates (or one plate and one lunch container) and add the roasted vegetables on the side. Add salad to the plate.
MetaLife Units: (Per Serving)
2 Protein Units
1.5 Fat Units
2 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich